Wednesday, March 6, 2013

A new adventure

Hello, readers!

I started my official short term job as housewife yesterday. It is so weird not going to work anymore. It's also really nice! I like that I can take the next few weeks to pack, move, and unpack before I start my new job.

Normally when we move my stress level goes through the roof. The Mister works 60 hours a week so I feel like a real jerk if I ask him to do any of the packing. He'll be doing plenty of heavy lifting AND driving the moving truck on moving day. So I always take on ALL of the packing and that makes me realize that we I just own too much shit. This starts a snowball effect of starting a giant purge and wanting to go through each and everything we I own. Yes, I have a bunch of crafting supplies (those stay), but I also have a toy collection I am ready to sacrifice to the eBay gods.

A new house means a fresh start and I'd like to mean it this time. The new home we are moving to has a garage- yipee! My plan is that all boxes go into the garage on moving day and all furniture goes into the house. Eventhough I am going through everything before packing it away in the old house, every box will be gone through again before going into the new house. That way each box will have been gone through twice in case there was something I was on the fence about getting rid of before moving.

Sounds a little nuts I know, but my husband comes from a very clean, minimalist background from his time in the Navy. I on the other hand come from an everything is special and has meaning and don't get rid of it background. I am not a hoarder, but I do have a lot of stuff. And this bothers the Mister. So I keep the peace by purging the house and trying to find new ways to organize my craft supplies.

I am so ready for this new chapter in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment