Thursday, February 28, 2013

A Costco junkie in the making

Good afternoon, readers!

Trying to eat well is expensive! It's a fact. Whole, nutritious foods are more expensive than that processed crap. It seems like a good argument for any conspiracy theorist(ie The Mister) to explain that the government wants us fat and sick so we keep the doctors in business. Or something.

Anyways, one of the things most of the blogs I follow agree upon is that Costco is a good place to pick up decently priced organic produce, grass fed meat, and pastured(that's pastured NOT pasteurized) butter/cheese. So today my friend, Amber, invited me on a trip to our local Costco!

Before we went I reread some past blog entries about what was good to pick up at Costco and I made a list. I decided I would be looking for their uncured Canadian bacon, grass fed organic ground beef, frozen wild blueberries, Kerrygold butter and cheese, and some nice produce.

I ended up purchasing the Canadian bacon, ground beef, and asparagus on my list. I felt that I might get a better price at Trader Joe's on the Kerrygold items so I decided to hold of on those items. I also did not purchase the blueberries because I can get the same brand for cheaper at Walmart. My steal of the day was a large 2.5lb bag of dates for $6 and a large container of Himalayan pink sea salt for $3.99! Just 1 lb of dates is around $6.99 at Harris Teeter! I was so excited about my awesome score!

I was sold by this shopping trip. After our move next month, the Mister and I will be getting a Costco membership!


Your moment of awesome:

Image credit: Google Images

 

No comments:

Post a Comment