Wednesday, February 13, 2013

My reappearing act

Hello, readers!

I know I know. I suck. You thought I had abandoned you, right? All I can say is I'm sorry.

Sometimes life gets in the way of writing crafting EVERYTHING!

I've been extremely busy looking for a new job, a new home, working at my current job, and just living. Looking for a new job or home can be extremely difficult and time consuming. Add working a full time job and the job/house that I am looking for will have to be 30-40 minutes away from where I am currently has made me a little all over the place!

But through perseverance, support from the Mister and family/friends, and lots of tears I have found success!

The new job:

A few weeks ago I had the best interview. of. my. life. Have you ever been on an interview and within the first five minutes you knew you were going to nail it? That was me.

The position is for an apprenticeship with a mobile dog groomer. I knew I was a shoe in because I love dogs, I have worked as a veterinary assistant, and I grew up in a grooming salon where my mom worked. The only thing I don't know about grooming is all of the fancy cuts for the breeds. This apprenticeship is on the job where I will shadow a groomer and not have to spend thousands of dollars going to a fancy school. Upon completion I will sign a contract with the company, be given my own grooming van, and be considered an independent contractor. I was offered the position yesterday. I am so excited!

The new house:

A friend of mine from high school had heard I was looking for housing on the Peninsula and informed me that he had a rental he had just renovated. We went to go look at it on Sunday and right then and there decided to take it. The rent, area, and house itself were just too perfect not to pass up! We should be moving sometime in mid March.

I love that everything in our lives is falling into place!

I will leave you with some of the items I recently crafted for a Classic TV swap and a Labyrinth swap. Enjoy!

A hoop of Rosie from The Jetsons

Resin bottle cap magnets of classic TV show couples

An altered box with William the worm from Labyrinth on it.
I textured the box using spray stone to make it look like a
brick and placed some tea inside as a surprise for my swap partner!

Some resin bottle cap magnets of my swap partners
favorite characters.

I'm currently working on a book lovers swap and The Walking Dead swap. Pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment