Monday, January 14, 2013

On being a slacker

Hello, readers!

I'm sorry I haven't written in a week. I have no real good excuses except that things have been extremely stressful for me the last few weeks. Between the issues with my job, the issues with my husband's job, and starting the looking for a new place to live search I'm surprised I haven't been carted off to the looney bin!

I didn't want to write a bunch of "Oh, woe is me!" posts. I didn't want to do that to you. Still friends? Awesome!

I had been doing really well with my Paleo reset that started on New Year's. I was eating eggs and bacon everyday and taco salads and beef roasts. The swelling in my body had gone down to almost normal proportions and I had already lost 10lbs. Things were going great. Then I stress ate. And it was bad. I'm still trying to get back on track.

 I have not been officially diagnosed as gluten intolerant, but I do know that the edema and painful joints go away everytime I quit grain. EVERYTIME. And everytime I eat grain it totally flairs up. So, no more grains for me ever. Not even a little bit. I never knew how bad off I was until I realized what I could do when I wasn't swollen. I could get off of the floor without have to grab something to steady me. I could do a high kick like a Rockette. I felt very fluid-like and wanted to move. I was sleeping better.

Then I hit that stress wall. I need to find a way to not let it get to me like that. I need a replacement for the stress eating.

What do you do to prevent you from a bad habit?

No comments:

Post a Comment